I am no longer hosting my storm chase blogs via Blogspot. To view my website (which includes weather blogs, storm chase

blogs, videos and photos) please visit:

SevereWeatherDiaries.com

You will also find this blog archived on my new website as well.<\p>

Thanks for visiting!

_____________________________________________________

Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 1: Leaving Day Post 1: Today's the Day!

Hello everyone!

Today we leave for our storm chase adventure.  Just packing some last minute things then heading over to Mark's place to start getting the gear ready to go in the van.  We're leaving by approximately 6 pm tonight.  As of yesterday it looked like we were headed for Kansas.  Today we'll go over the new model runs and refine our destination a bit more.  I'll update once I know where we're headed.  We have a long day and long drive ahead of us!

For your reference, here's a rough outline of where Tornado Alley is.  Of course there is the possibility of supercells and tornadic activity outside of the traditional Tornado Alley borders but this gives you an idea of where we'll be chasing.



Brad also did an interview with the Welland Tribune (his hometown newspaper) about this trip.  To read his interview and article go here: Swept up in Tornado Alley

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. You haven't even left yet and I'm tracking you two already. Great article Brad! Next time I see you I want your autograph! Love you both, Mom/Anna

    ReplyDelete